workshops & education.
Brigitte has been working as a creative facilitator and mentor, specialising in poetry and lyric writing alongside music and movement, since 2014. She has worked in a variety of contexts and with a diverse range of people; from 4 to 85 year olds, professional artists to complete beginners. She finds working with young people particularly fulfilling.
In 2016 Brigitte partnered up with the Wellcome Trust, alongside child psychologist Doctor Helen Tyson to develop creative workshops for teenagers around the subject of mental health. She then toured this workshop, delivering it in a broad spectrum of venues and festivals, including Southbank Centre, Young Vic, Bush Theatre, The Roundhouse, National Student Drama Festival, Mental Fight Club, Find the Right Words and Festival of Ideas.
Recent projects include:
· Facilitating weekly workshops with young people at Pie Factory Music in Ramsgate.
· Running the Gulbenkian Youth Theatre for 5-11 year olds in Canterbury.
· Facilitating regular workshops with Kent Refugee Action Network.
· Mentoring young people long term, through the Eggtooth Project in Hastings and Arts Emergency nationally.
· Devising and delivering workshops at Dreamland Margate, POW Thanet, Southbank Centre and The Roundhouse.
· Various Theatre in Education projects nationally.